Planning your wedding should be fun and enjoyable, but with so much to do before the big day it’s easy for the little things to add up. Many couples love to create their own wedding favors to give their celebration of love a DIY touch, and with Simply Stamps’ new line of wedding-themed craft stamps they don’t have to take forever to make! This simple tutorial shows you how to personalize favor bags so you can fill them with whatever treat your heart desires.
The best part about this line of craft stamps is there’s one to match any wedding theme! From an anchor stamp for the nautical wedding theme or a Volkswagen bus for the boho-inspired wedding, there’s one for every couple’s style. I chose to use the Love & Laughter Wedding Craft Stamp for my project complete with the husband and wife to be’s names and wedding date!
Here are the other supplies I used:
- Linen or Muslim drawstring bags
- Archival Dye Ink – I used Tuxedo Black by Memento
- Treats to fill the bags
Once I had all my supplies, personalizing each bag was easy! Here’s how I made them:
- I inked the stamp really well to make sure each edge of the stamp was covered. I suggest testing your impressions on a sheet of paper before you begin so you don’t waste your bags.
- Next, I laid the bag on a flat surface, ensuring it was wrinkle-free.
- Apply even pressure across the surface of the stamp so you’re sure to get the best possible impression.
- When I was done creating each bag, I let them dry, then added my treat of choice (candy, of course!).
You can switch up the ink colors to match your wedding colors or use a different fabric bag if you choose. I hope you’re inspired to try this out for your wedding favor bags!