One of the many lessons I’ve learned from crafting as well as life in general is things don’t have to be perfect to be wonderful. For today’s project, I decided to go with that theme and created a paint-splattered background and incorporated one of my favorites phrases, “Embrace Imperfection”. I loved the way the background I created using Tim Holtz’s distressed ink went so well with the custom stamp I ordered from Simply Stamps!
My favorite part about this technique is how simple it is to do and, since it’s all about embracing imperfection, you can’t make any mistakes! Here’s how I made it:
- I started by cutting a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of water paper. Next I created the splatter background by pushing the distress stain down on the paper.
- Using a stitched die frame, I cut down the paper further.
- I added parts of a background stamp using archival Jet Black ink, then added some black soot distress ink using a dots stencil.
- Using what was left of the water color paper, I stamped the custom “Embrace Imperfection” sentiment in black ink.
- I adhered the sentiment to this intricate frame, then adhered the full piece to the splattered background.
- To add an additional layer and pop of color, I adhered the background to a piece of blue card stock slightly larger than the water color paper.
- Lastly, I adhered the blue card stock and background to a piece of white card stock.
You can watch my full process in the video below.
Thanks for stopping by Simply Stamps University today. I hope I’ve inspired you to create something that while it may not be perfect, it’s still beautiful.