Hi everyone, my name is Annie and I’m a new member of the Simply Stamps design team! I’m so excited to bring you fun and creative tutorials showcasing their products over the next six months. Today I’ll be sharing with you a project I created using their donut craft stamp!
For this project I made a simple yet colorful, motivational card. Here are the supplies I used:
- Simply Stamps Donut Stamp
- 2 – 4″ X 5″ Cream colored card stock
- 4-1/4″ X 5-1/2″ Kraft colored card stock
- 8-1/2″ X 11″ Heavy weight (110 lb) White colored card stock
- Colorbox Pigment ink in Brown
- Watercolors, Copic Markers, color pencils, Distress Markers etc.
- Tape runner & dimensional foam tape
- Bone Folder
- Cleaning Pad
- Sentiment stamp or Letter stickers
You can also use these optional supplies if you’d like:
- White Gel Pen
- Colored Fine Tip Markers – I used Sharpie
- Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
Once you’ve gathered all of your supplies, here is how you’ll put together your “Donut give up” card:
- Begin by taking your cream-colored card stock and stamping the donut in brown ink. Repeat this step until the full piece of card stock is covered in donut impressions. Next, you’ll color in all the donuts using your selected coloring materials.
- Next, you’ll cut out the donuts, setting the remaining card stock aside for the banners.
- Create your base by cutting the heavy weight card stock in half. I wanted to have a horizontal card that would fold over the top, I cut mine long ways measuring 4-1/4″ X 11″.
- Adhere the kraft colored card stock to the base, then adhere cream colored card stock with colored donut images centered on top of the kraft card stock.
- Add foam adhesive to the back of the smallest donut and place it on top of one of the donuts. Next, I stamped my sentiment on the remaining cream card stock and cut into banner.
- Finally, adhere the banners under the donut.
I also put together a second card using a fun shaker I adhered to the front of the card. Check out this tutorial and my other craft projects at Little Wings Creates. Thanks for stopping by today!