Whether you are considering a traditional wood-handled stamp, a self-inking stamp, or a pre-inked stamp, this video will help you understand the benefits and features of each. Your stamp selection is important. We want to make sure you find the perfect one for your needs.
Choosing Your Stamp
With Simply Stamps huge selection of stamps, we want to make sure you’re choosing the stamp that fits your needs. The majority of our custom stamps come in three different options: wood-handled, self-inking and pre-inked. Each has its advantages, depending on how you’d like to use your stamp.
A self-inking stamp is a space saver, and there’s no need to buy an extra ink pad. The cartridge is included inside, and the stamper does all the inking work for you. All of our self-inking stamp cartridges are easily removable. Self-inking stamps are great for a lot of rapid stamping; they won’t fade after a lot of impressions, and you’ll get a crisp impression each time!
- Fast – Best for rapid and repeated impressions
- Top-selling option – Most affordable and convenient stamp type
- Easy to use – No extra pressure needed, just press down for a crisp impression
- Easy to travel with – Stamp includes a locking mechanism
- No mess – All the ink is within the stamp body
- Time saver – No need to re-ink your stamp
With pre-inked stamps, the difference is in the quality, number, and size of impressions the stamp provides. Pre-inked stamps use oil-based ink that permeates through the back of a specialized porous rubber. This process offers an excellent, crisp impression that captures very detailed text and artwork. Pre-inked stamps also offer a larger impression area than the largest self-inking stamp.
- Crisp Impressions – Highest quality stamp type
- Quiet operation – Best for professional and business needs
- No ink pad needed – Ink already installed within the stamp
- Long-lasting stamp – Able to hold more ink in the die
- Durable – The more robust build is harder to damage
Our wood-handle stamps are the least expensive, but you’ll need to buy an ink pad to go along with them. Ink the stamp up on the pad before you stamp. This gives you lots of options to switch ink colors back and forth! Because the stamp relies on your hand pressure, it is much more manual than the other two stamps, but many people like that old-school rubber stamp impression!
- Aesthetic appeal – Traditional and classic look
- Many ink option – Choose any ink pad color that you’ll need
- Durable – Since there are no moving parts, these stamps are built to last
- Eco-friendly stamp – Not a fan of plastic stamps, then this is for you!
- Great for artistic use – These stamps are often used for crafting